Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Frocktails Weekend

photo courtesy of Poppykettle - me, Rachel & Mel

This past weekend I had the immense pleasure of heading to Melbourne to go to Frocktails.  What is Frocktails you ask? It is an awesome event organised by the lovely Kat.  Basically it was a chance for us sewing bloggers to get together to eat delicious food and drink cocktails all while wearing newly made dresses.  Genius idea!

photo courtesy of Poppykettle - Me, Liz & Amanda

I had so much fun on this weekend and was so happy to get the chance to meet some amazing ladies.  Amanda is one of the funniest ladies I have ever met! I am secretly hoping she will move to the Gold Coast so we can become bff's. I did get the chance to meet another Queensland blogger in Liz.  This lady has fabric finding super powers! Everything she touched I wanted.  I am still dreaming of the pink cherry print she found at Alannah Hill that I neglected to buy.

photo courtesy of Poppykettle - Belle, Rachel, Mel & Kat

The Melbourne girls are the most welcoming and beautiful group I have met in a long time.  They made us all feel so welcome.  And check out their gorgeous dresses!  This group of ladies has made skills in the sewing department.

Frocktails Purchases

Frocktails Purchases

But dinner wasn't the only exciting thing that happened that weekend.  There was also fabric shopping!!!  I met up with the girls on Saturday morning on Brunswick Street to check out The Fabric Store and the Alannah Hill clearance store.  The top photo is my fabric from The Fabric Store and the second picture shows what I picked up at Alannah Hill.  I already have plans for pretty much all of this fabric now all I need is time to sew it all up.  I also picked up a few patterns but none of these match up with these fabric purchases.  Poor planning on my part!

Frocktails Purchases

I'll be back tomorrow with some better photos and more details on my dress so make sure you pop back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx