Wednesday, July 3, 2013

52 Weeks Happy (26/52)

Can you believe that the year is half over already? Crazy isn't it! I must admit that I am pretty excited to be into the second half of the year.  It is always my favourite part of the year because it is where my birthday, Corey's birthday and Christmas take place.  This year though it is going to a whole new level. We also have Imogen's first birthday, my sisters hens weekend & kitchen tea and my sisters wedding.  It is going to be a fun, fun next 6 months! In the meantime, here is what has been happening this past week.



1 - I finally got around to making something to hang above Imogen's cot.  A lovely personalised piece of wall art that fits in perfectly with her rooms colour scheme.  It was super duper simple! I shared a tutorial here if you would like to make one yourself.

2 - I've been making some good progress on my scrap quilt.  I have now sewn together half of the rows.  I am hoping to have the quilt top completed by the end of this week.

3 - The latest Donna Hay Kid's magazine came out this week and I snapped it up asap.  I love this magazine! I wait all year for it to come out.  It always has the coolest birthday party ideas in it.  Also the recipes are always so simple & delicious!

4 - Roasted chickpeas are the bomb! I made mine with olive oil, rosemary and garlic.  They definitely soothe the chip craving in a healthier way.


5 - The most exciting thing to happen this week is that mum and dad bought a new dog!  Isn't she adorable. Her name is Saffron.  But we like to call her Saffy the Staffy!

6 - Sunday morning we enjoyed a bit of a lie in and snuggles with our little monkey.  It was a nice slow start to a rainy day.

7 - Also on Sunday we visited the new Bunnings that has opened up near us.  They had free pop corn and fairy floss so being the child that I am you know I couldn't say no!

8 - This made me so happy this week! I finally cast off my heart sweater dress and it turned out even better than I had expected. I love it!  Perfect for the rainy weather we have been having lately.

I hope you have all been having a good week.  Has anything special happened to make you smile?

1 comment:

  1. your photos are the best! I must go and look at this tutorial on how to make that wallart now, looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx