Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Banoffee Pie

Banoffee Pie

Last Thursday was Pi Day and I decided that this year I was going to celebrate it.  Every other year I see things in the internet after Pi Day has passed and I miss my chance but this year I was prepared.  I had my parents, my sister & her fiance over for dinner and I made chicken pot pie and for dessert chocolate banoffee.  This is my first time ever eating banoffee pie and even though I am not a major banana fan I really liked it.  My mum is allergic to bananas so I made her a mini pie with just the caramel, cream and chocolate on a biscuit base.  She said it was delicious! So even if you don't like bananas or are allergic you can still make this recipe.  Just leave out the bananas!

Banoffee Pie

Chocolate Banoffee Pie by Taste

250g McVitie's Digestive Biscuits
125g butter, melted
300ml thickened cream
30g bar Cadbury Flake, crumbled
46g bar Cadbury Picnic, chopped
53g bar Cadbury Snickers, chopped
380g tin caramel top n' fill (or you can make your own dulce de leche like I did using this recipe)
3 bananas, sliced

Process the biscuits in a food processer until fine crumbs form.  Add butter and process until well combined.  Press mixture evenly over the base of a 23cm fluted tart pan with a loose base.  Place in the fridge for an hour to chill.

Transfer your biscuit base to a serving dish.  Beat cream until soft peaks form.  Combine flake, snickers and picnic in a bowl.

Spread caramel over the biscuit base, arrange banana in a single layer over caramel and top with whipped cream.  Sprinkle chocolate mixture over the top.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. looks yummy. Great styling too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Kat! This is one very good looking pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this looks delicious! Banoffee Pie is one of my all-time favourite deserts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum. banoffee pie is my favourite!thanks for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx