Monday, February 25, 2013

Chocolate Chip Mint Layer Cake


This past weekend my sister arrived home from living in Melbourne for the past year and I decided to give myself the weekend off my diet because I reached my first goal. After the sad events of the last week I decided we all needed some cake so I picked one I had saved in my pinterest cooking board and whipped it up.


The recipe for this cake can be found here.  The only change I made was to do 3 layers as I used a smaller cake pan and the batter fit in 3 tins instead of 2.  One tip if you are going to make this recipe is that the icing is very very sweet so try to only do a thin layer.

Choc Chip Mint Cake

But in saying that  this cake was gobbled up by my family very quick so it must not have been too bad. So if you are looking for a cake to whip up this weekend that not only looks good but tastes good give this one a try.

3 comments:

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx