Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Homemade Ornaments

Clay Ornaments

Day 4 on our advent calendar tasks was to make ornaments for our Christmas tree.  I decided to make some super simple air dry clay ornaments because they were quick and easy and could be done during Imogen's nap times.

Clay Ornaments

They are seriously super duper simple!  Just roll out your clay and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.  I then used a small piping tip to poke holes in the top of each shape.  I left mine to dry overnight and they were perfect in the morning.  Keep in mind we are in the middle of a heat wave on the Gold Coast so f you are in a cooler climate they may take a little while longer to dry out.

Clay Ornaments

This morning I cut my lengths of ribbon and threaded them through the holes and popped them onto the tree.  So simple it's ridiculous!  There are so many things you could do with these too. I chose to leave mine plain but you could paint yours or emboss them before cutting out the shapes.  Little Paper Lane used hers as gift tags on her present.  Use your imagination and have fun with them!

4 comments:

  1. They are really lovely Kat. I've made a few clay ornaments, it's fun and quite addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to do some clay work - this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, these look incredibly professional! When I first saw the image I thought they must have been store bought! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They would look great in glitter, right red, gold etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx