Thursday, September 6, 2012

101 in 1001 - new list

So I wrote up my new 101 in 1001 list before I even finished the last list but I didn't feel like starting it straight away. Today I am feeling a little flat and I feel like I need a bit of inspiration and a kick up the butt so what better way then to start my new list.  I think this list is probably a bit easier than my last list.  There are not as many major items that I want to tick off but they are all things I want to get done.  I'm pretty excited to cross some of the things of this list!

Start Date: 6th September 2012
End Date: 4th June 2015

Bold - completed
Italics - in progress

Sewing
1 - Learn how to sew my own patterns
2 - Sew a pair of swimmers
3 - Make all the unused patterns in my collection
4 - Make Squishy a black apple doll
5 - Make Squishy a teepee
6 - Make Squishy a Halloween costume
7 - Make Christmas stockings for me, Corey and Squishy
8 - Make another quilt
9 - Mend all the clothes in my mending pile
10 - Make myself 20 new dresses
11 - Make a jumpsuit/romper for me
12 - Make a lace yoke macaron dress

Crochet
13 - Make a summer garden quilt
14 - Crochet a granny stripe blanket
15 - Crochet 10 items off my Ravelry queue
16 - Write a crochet pattern

Knitting
17 - Knit myself a wearable garment
18 - Knit 10 items off my Ravelry queue
19 - Knit a pair of socks
20 - Try and knit intarsia

Cooking
21 - Make homemade fudge
22 - Make cookies for Santa with Squishy
23 - Make jam
24 - Make swiss buttercream icing
25 - Make marshmallows
26 - Learn how to flood cookies with icing
27 - Make homemade pasta
28 - Make whoopee pies
29 - Try 50 new recipes
30 - Make banoffee pie
31 - Bake a pull apart loaf of bread
32 - Bake a decent batch of scones
33 - Make vanilla extract
34 - Make a carved/shaped cake
35 - Take a cake decorating class

Christmas
36 - Make Squishy a Christmas Dress
37 - Make cookie mix jars for Christmas presents
38 - Take Squishy to see the Christmas lights
39 - Make an advent calendar

Easter
40 - Make Squishy an Easter Dress
41 - Have an Easter egg hunt for Squishy

Travel
42 - Go to Perth
43 - Go to Tasmania
44 - Take Squishy to Copa
45 - Take Squishy to Melbourne

Personal/Health
46 - Lighten my hair again
47 - Learn how to do decent “cat eye” makeup
48 - Lose the baby weight
49 - Do couch to 5k
50 - Get a manicure
51 - Have another baby
52 - Get a pedicure

Fashion/Style
53 - Have 30 items of handmade clothing in my wardrobe
54 - Spend a day op shopping
55 - Try to dye one of my petticoats
56 - Buy a pair of Bernie Dexter jeans
57 - Learn 10 new hairstyles
58 - Buy a pair of Hunter Boots
59 - Buy a pair of Lotta from Sweden clogs
60 - Wear high heels at least once a fortnight
61 - Create a vintage inspired wardrobe

Photography
62 - Take another photography class
63 - Learn how to use photoshop
64 - Take my camera to all family events
65 - Buy a tripod
66 - Buy a macro lens
67 - Get family photos taken
68 - Hang all the photo frames that are hiding in our cupboard
69 - Take monthly photos of Squishy’s first year
70 - Take monthly photos of Squishy’s second year

Watch/Read
71 - Watch season 8 of One Tree Hill
72 - Watch season 5 of True Blood
73 - Read the Millennium Trilogy

Other Crafts
74 - Make a scrapbook of Squishy first year
75 - Make a scrapbook of my pregnancy
76 - Put together a wedding scrapbook
77 - Make a scrapbook of Squishy 2nd year
78 - Make a house rules artwork
79 - Make customised tea cups
80 - Make a piece of wall art
81 - Make a melted crayon canvas

Celebrations
82 - Have an awesome 1st birthday for Squishy
83 - Have an awesome 2nd birthday for Squishy
84 - Have a Halloween party

Random
85 - Try stand up paddle boarding
86 - Buy glass drink dispensers
87 - Build an arsenal of cake decorating basics
88 - Have monthly date nights with Corey
89 - Have a girls weekend with mum, Hayley and Squishy
90 - Go to the strawberry farm and pick strawberries
91 - Go bike riding for a day
92 - Learn how to use Publisher
93 - Make play dough for Squishy
94 - Plant a fruit tree
95 - Plant a vegetable garden
96 - Fly a kite
97 - Make photo books from the photos stored on the computer
98 - Try 20 new restaurants
99 - Fill my etsy store with handmade goodies
100 - Go indoor rock climbing
101 - Buy a dog

So there it is, the new list. I am pretty excited to get started.  I find these lists are great for those days when you are lacking inspiration.  All you have to do is read over the list and pick an item to tackle. It's a great way to find your crafty mojo on those days it seems to have slipped away.  I am hoping that I will be able to beat my 65% completion rate of my last list.  Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. What a great list! Good luck with it. You're making me want to try one myself!
    PS: When you tick off #45 we should so catch up for a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome list!! Good luck achieving everything, there are wonderful goals on here. You can do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great things on your list. I love having a list of goals, it always helps to keep you focussed and inspired to try new things too. Enjoy ticking things off your list.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx